You heard about coworking but you just dismissed it quickly thinking that it has nothing to do with you. If you are a freelancer or small business owner, you can benefit from coworking in more ways than one – if only you open your mind to the possibilities.
Introduction to coworking
Coworking is a concept spearheaded by Brad Neuberg in 2005. Basically, it is considered an alternative to working from home. It enables different people and businesses to share the same office space. In a coworking facility, you will see different companies and businesses under one roof sharing the same amenities.
More and more people consider coworking these days. In fact, according to the 2018 Global Coworking Survey, an estimated 1.7 million people around the world will be coworking by the end of 2018. Its popularity is not a surprise because of its advantages.
Advantages of coworking
Here are the advantages of https://bridgeworkslongbeach.com/memberships/ you probably didn’t know:
- It separates work from home: if you work from home, it is easy to get distracted – by your bed, TV, chores, and kitchen. If you do not know how to deal with distractions well, you will lose valuable time. There are times that working from home is counter-productive. By choosing a coworking facility, you can efficiently separate work from home.
- It enhances your effectiveness: according to the annual survey Coworking Forecast in 2013, 62% of people reported a significant improvement in their work while coworking. The improvement can be attributed to mindset and energy adjustments that are produced by the coworking environment.
- It will inspire you: coworking can inspire you because you will meet like-minded people. It will allow you to collaborate, which can greatly improve your productivity. Working alone is not good and at times it can affect your mood.
- It boosts your network: since you have the opportunity to meet other businesses and ventures, you are directly boosting your network. You will be connected with the most relevant people for your business from partners to clients and suppliers.
- It is more practical than renting an office: the monthly payments that you will make will depend on the service you require. Without a doubt, the payment will be a lot lower than what you will pay for your own office.
- It can be your business address: to add professionalism, you can consider the coworking facility as your official business address. It will provide you with a professional setting whenever you are meeting with your clients.
- It offers free drinks and snacks: knowing that coworking spaces offer free drinks and
snacks can make a difference at the end of the day. With this, you will be sure to save more.
In fact, there are other spaces that offer free breakfasts or lunches on particular days.
- It is conducive: to be productive, you need to take design and functionality. In coworking
facilities, the spaces are modern, unlike traditional office blocks. Larger facilities even house lounges or cafes that allow you to sit freely and comfortably.
To avail of this service, you should consider a monthly fee. It will cost compared to working from home but it surely costs more than renting your own office. Coworking spaces are crucial if you want to thrive in whatever business you are doing.